In this post, we will help you apply for an Aadhar Card. Applying for an Aadhaar card can be done in a few simple steps.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on behalf of the Govt of India issues a 12 digit Aadhaar unique number for all Indian citizens. It can be used as proof of address and identification purposes. Even if you have no Aadhaar card, you still can avail of all privileges that you’re entitled to.
Anyone who is a citizen of India can apply for an Aadhaar card. Applying the Aadhaar card is a bit lengthy process. Today, it has become simpler and hassle-free to apply for Aadhaar online. The Govt of India, a couple of months ago, made it mandatory that the Aadhaar card number should be linked with mobile number and bank account number. Besides, All Govt welfare schemes, pension benefits, and LPG subsidy is transferred to individuals’ bank account numbers linked with Aadhaar card number. To avail and receive the Govt subsidies, welfare schemes, one has to link his/her Aadhaar number with the contact number.
How to Apply for Aadhaar Card:
Before applying for an Aadhaar Card, the applicant has to register an appointment date online at the official website https://uidai.gov.in/ and visit the enrollment center. The first step to applying for the new Aadhaar Card is to keep all required documents ready.
The primary step to apply for an Aadhaar Card is to look for a registration center nearby. An Applicant can book an appointment date after looking for a registration center.
The things to be performed on the registration day in the registration center:
An Applicant is given an enrollment form to fill in. you will need to submit an identity proof and an address proof along with the application form. While filling an application form, you will be asked to enter your email and contact number through which you will get the status of the Aadhaar card via SMS.
You are required to provide biometric data including your fingerprint impression and iris scan once your documents are approved. Besides, your photograph is taken.
After submitting all the details, you need to collect the acknowledgment slip of your registration. This acknowledgment form will bear the 14 digit enrollment number that will help you assist to verify the status of your application form. To know the status of your Aadhaar Application status, Visit www.uidai.gov.in.
After submitting all required documents and biometric data, you’re supposed to wait for a few days to get the Aadhaar letter. It takes around 2 months to 3 months to get the Aadhaar card. However, if you want an Aadhaar early, then you can get it online by merely downloading the copy of an Aadhaar card online known as an e-Aadhaar card from the UIDAI official website. Getting an Aadhaar card is pretty simple as compared to the Voter card and PAN card.
Below are the steps to download The Aadhaar card:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI i.e. www.uidai.gov.in
- Click on “Aadhaar enrolment “in the section “Aadhaar online services”.
- Thereafter click on “Download Aadhar”.
- You will be redirected to https://eAadhar.uidai.gov.in/
- Choose the suitable option whether you have the UID or EID.
- Enter your registered number/enrollment number / Aadhaar number
- Fill in all your personal information like full name, Mobile number, PIN code
- Click on OTP (One Time Password)
- You will receive the OTP with your registered contact number in a few seconds.
- Enter your OTP to confirm your request and download it.
- A PDF format of your Aadhaar card will be downloaded.
- An Aadhaar card can be opened by entering your credentials like password and pin code.
You can use a copy of the Aadhaar card wherever is required.
If you have lost the acknowledgment slip or enrollment details, you will get it by visiting the UIDAI official website www.uidai.gov.in
- Visit the Aadhaar Card official website of UIDAI – www.uidai.gov.in
- Choose the option “Retrieve Lost UID/EID” in the section “Aadhaar Online Services”.
- To get your lost EID, click on the selection
- Enter your complete information like name, contact number, email ID to get the OTP.
- You receive the OTP once you enter all required details.
- Use the OTP to confirm the request.
- You will be given registration details once OTP is verified.
Sometimes it occurred to the applicant, even after submission of the Application, that the application has been rejected due to improper documentation or not entering valid information regarding the applicant. In such cases, the Applicant can re-apply for a new Aadhaar card by following the same procedure as described above.
Children who are below five years old are given a blue Aadhaar card. Once the child crosses five years, his/her Aadhaar data is updated.